Dated: January 2018
We understand vision to be a clear mental picture of what could be, fuelled by what should be.
ICF has defined its Vision as the church we see Inverness Christian Fellowship (ICF) as being. Our vision is defined as:
“Impacting and Influencing Inverness, the Highlands, and the World”
Our vision is to be a large, healthy, multiplying, Christ-centred, Spirit-empowered, God-glorifying church in the city of Inverness in which God is doing something that cannot be ignored by those in the city.
Our vision is to see rivers of people being baptised, rivers of people being set free from addiction, rivers of people being transformed in accordance with a prophecy spoken over our fellowship.
Our vision is to see every single person in ICF become fully committed disciples of Jesus, and that have a fire and passion for Jesus to carry on the work of Jesus wherever they are, in the power of the Spirit – we have a vision that every single person in ICF see’s transformation, growth and miracles to the glory of God, not only in their own lives but in the lives of those they encounter.
Our vision is to see every single person in ICF find their place in the body of Christ and serve Him wholeheartedly in their God-given gifting and calling, whether that is inside or outside the church building. We believe that when people are released into their God-given gifting and calling then they are a reflection of Jesus in the area in which they serve.
Our vision is to be a church that is making a positive impact in our city by being engaged in community and by providing community-based services that not only positively make a difference in the lives of people, but also influences their lives with the love and hope of Jesus, to point them to Him.
Our vision is to be hub for like minded churches across the Highlands that share our vision for their town and villages. Our vision is to encourage, equip and support like minded churches across the Highlands to be all that God calls them to be in their locality.
Our vision is to be church that brings an excellence in bible based teaching that is culturally relevant and uncompromising in the truth of God’s word. Our vision is to provide that excellence in bible-based teaching to not only those attending church services and meetings, but to villages, towns, cities and nations through live streaming, podcasting and video channels.
Our vision is to be a worshipping church whose songs reflect such a passion for Christ that others experience His love, His presence, and His power. A distinct sound in creating music that resounds from villages and towns to great cities and nations.
The basis for our Vision
Our vision statement is based on Jesus’ words to His disciples prior to the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the Day of Pentecost when He said “you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth”. That witness started on the Day of Pentecost with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, and continues today.
So what happened on the Day of Pentecost and after it? Well the outcome was 3000 people being saved and added to the church AND the Lord adding daily those who were being saved. That’s making an Impact and that’s influencing others for Jesus every single day.
Our purpose is why we exist, and it is:
“To Glorify God, Reach the Lost and Develop the Found.”
A purpose is not the end result, a purpose is always a means to an end. Therefore in having our purpose statement as above, shows that our purpose as a church is not about an end result, but we are a means to an end. The end result is God being given all the glory, people’s lives being transformed by Jesus Christ and people becoming fully mature disciples of Jesus, who produce fruit a hundred fold!
Our purpose reflects the heart behind the vision – a heart that loves God and loves others. Our purpose is a means to an end, and in being a means to an end, it means our church has meaning. We contribute to that which is far greater than ourselves, God and his glory, and that gives us focus and purpose
Our Mission is what we are seeking to do in order to achieve our vision and fulfil our purpose.
The colours in the diagram are explained as follows:
|RED||We will actively ensure and communicate that our foundation is Christ, and that Christ is central to all we are and do.
We will cultivate that our individual lives and our collective as a church is a place where God dwells and moves – we are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
|GREEN||The vision of what Jesus is doing among the church for the church (based on Revelation 1). This understanding is essential to know that without Him we can do nothing. It also expresses what He is doing among us to make us more like Him. We will seek to always give place to allow Jesus to work in our lives and in our church, as He is:
|RED/BLUE||We believe in the 5-fold ministry and is one of the distinctive building blocks of the Apostolic Church to which ICF belongs.
The purpose of the 5-fold ministry of Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher is to equip the people of God for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
We will seek to utilise the 5-fold ministry within the Apostolic Church to enable this.
|YELLOW||What we desire to know among us, and in us: the fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit.
These are the expression of a life transformed by Jesus Christ, and in relationship with Jesus Christ and we will seek to promote, encourage and develop these fruit and gifts in the lives of believers.
|BLUE||The following reflects the key areas of activity that we will encourage every single believer to be engaged in within the church (in no particular order, as all are equally important):
We also recognise that the rise and fall of any organisation is based on leadership. Leadership is influence and we seek to bring and develop leaders that are fully behind our vision, our purpose, mission and values and that influence others accordingly.
All of the above needs to be underpinned by Teaching from the Word of God, therefore we will seek to bring this with truth and in love.
|PURPLE||All that we seek to do needs to be surrounded by our values (see next section)|
|ORANGE||All that we seek to do is targeted towards our vision & purpose|
ICF’s core values are based on our vision and purpose. They define the culture we are looking to set in everything we do. Our culture is the soil needed to cultivate our vision. We define this culture as #icfstyle. The following diagram explains the 3 core values we seek to instil in all that we do and are the behaviours we seek to reflect individually and collectively.
#icfstyle, our culture, is defined as a standard for everyone in ICF to adopt, so that these values are reflected in everything that we do and to ensure that each person in ICF is valued for who they are and in what they bring to the life of the church.
These values are explained in more detail below.
Welcome & Acceptance
The value of welcome & acceptance seeks:
- To facilitate a place where people belong. By belonging, we believe people will come to a place of belief, that will then change their behaviour.
- To express love to others as Jesus has loved us – whether inside or outside the church, our lives are defined as people who understand what it means to express love to others as something that is done. That includes not judging others by their appearance or previous knowledge
- To be who we are in God. To not try and be anyone or anything else, or follow the latest trend, but recognise that God has made us, chosen us, given to us gifts, and brought us together for His purpose. If we can’t accept ourselves in God, then how can we accept others?
Led by the Word & the Spirit
By being people who are led by the Word & the Spirit we are people who
- Recognise and obey the word of the Lord. We believe God can speak to us individually through the Bible and also to our spirits, through the Holy Spirit. Recognising and obeying the voice of the Lord can only come through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus tells us that His sheep hear His voice, and He also tells us that if we love Him, we will obey His commands.
- Stand on the truth of the Word of God. We believe all of scripture is profitable for teaching, reproof, correction and training in righteousness. The Bible is our plumb line – we seek to follow what the scripture says even if it goes against current thinking within or out-with the church.
- Are filled with the Spirit. We recognise our complete dependence on Jesus – that without Him we can do nothing. We understand that necessity to be being filled with the Spirit – to seek to be people that see Him increase and we decrease. We believe that in our weakness His power is made manifest.
- Know and express the gifts that Jesus has given to us. Gifts given to us by Jesus are gifts of grace and we view them not as something to be used, but view them as an expression of Christ (as we are part of His body), for the benefit of others, as the opportunity arises, for His glory.
Our value of quality simply expresses the desire to give of our best for the King of kings. To promote excellence in what we do for the glory of God. Jesus gave His best for us, so we seek to give our best for Him. To bring honour to Him.